Blue Care is committed to empowering people through disability services and independent and supported retirement living to live life their way by providing holistic care, service and companionship.
This volunteer opportunity will help to connect families and friends safely with their loved ones. The prevention of the transmission of COVID-19 into our residential care facilities is of paramount importance.
This role is crucial to the social and physical well-being of our senior residents in care by helping families and friends connect with loved ones during visiting hours and maintain a high standard of preventative measures.
We welcome volunteers who are confident, empathetic and patient in interacting with a diverse range of people and those looking to make a meaningful difference by keeping our senior community safe and connected.
Volunteering at Homefield ACF is a happy, friendly environment where you get to interact with visitors and residents. There is no heavy workload required from our volunteers.
Tasks involved include:
- Interacting with visitors
- Asking entry criteria questions
- Checking temperatures
- Promoting good hand hygiene
- Sighting flu vaccination certificates
- Maintaining the visitor register
This is a great opportunity to:
- Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
- Enjoy social interaction with others
Develop strong customer service skills
Volunteers must have a valid Flu vaccination (certificate/ letter)
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Any customer service experience would be advantageous
Please note that it will take 2-4 weeks for checks to be completed before undertaking induction, orientation to commence in this role.