This volunteer opportunity will help to make a meaningful difference by engaging with residents and contributing to the diversity of day to day activities and/or entertainment options available to participate in.
This volunteer opportunity will help residents live life in all its fullness by engaging residents in activities and/or presentations. The social interaction, mental stimulation and physical activity that stems from these activities is a valuable part of our residents day and the care provided. From arts and crafts to nail care to playing games to singing; there is no limit to the unrealised opportunities to contribute using your own personal interests and hobbies.
We welcome volunteers to share, whatever your skills and passions may be, with our residents to make their day.
The Capricorn Aged Care facility is a ground floor facility with beautiful gardens and outdoor spaces. Our team is 'one in a million' who are dedicated to seeing each of our young at heart residents be active and feel like family.
Tasks involved include:
- Activity preparations
- Interacting with residents participating in the activity
This is a great opportunity to:
- Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
- Build, maintain or contribute specialised skill sets
- Do something new and different
Volunteers must have a valid Flu vaccination (certificate/letter)
Please note that it will take 2-4 weeks for checks to be completed before undertaking induction, orientation to commence in this role.
This role is accessible for people using:
- a wheelchair ormobility device
- accessible toilets
- an assistance animal If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of interview.