The role of the Volunteer Visitor is vital in creating a sense of connection and community for our residents in our Residential Facilities and helping us fulfil our purpose to enrich veterans and seniors' lives.
Duties: Visit a resident one on one or a group of residents to provide companionship or provide or support resident social connection with music, crafts, hobbies or cultural activities
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Have patience, kindness and empathy for mature aged people
- A desire to make a positive difference in someone’s life
- Reliability and flexibility
- At ease working independently
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Alignment with the values of RSL LifeCare
- Ability to follow WH&S procedures
- Willing to seek and accept advice on the role and provide feedback, as appropriate.
RSL Lifecare will undertake National Police Checks and flu vaccinations.
- A sense of wellbeing from helping others
- Enhanced interpersonal skills