Louise Multicultural Community Centre (LMCC) encourages persons of diverse national, ethnic, religious and linguistic backgrounds to practice, enjoy and share their own culture within the law and fully participate in public and civic life.
Crucible is a project which delivers youth-oriented cultural awareness programs designed to promote socio-cultural harmony in local communities.
We have vacancies available in the following three work groups:
The Program Development and Learning Experience workgroup will be responsible for the following non-exhaustive list of activities:
- collaborating with the Digital Content Production workgroup on:
- curating online resources
- designing interactive activities using online interactive learning platforms
- developing, reviewing and updating the program syllabus
- liaising with partner organisations to design bespoke lessons and programs - delivering in-person workshops
The Project Management and Governance workgroup will be responsible for the following non-exhaustive list of activities:
- developing internal policies and procedures to establish efficient and effective workflows
- reviewing CRUCIBLE’s strategic direction
- basic program and operational risk management
- trackingprogress of tasks
- regulatory compliance;
- reporting to LMCC’s Committee of Management and Centre of Management
- assisting the Community and Stakeholder Liaison workgroup in preparing funding applications.
The Community and Stakeholder Liaison workgroup will be responsible for the following non-exhaustive list of activities:
- preparing prospectus/proposal documents
- identifying potential strategic and financial partners
- liaising with existing stakeholders to strengthen established partnerships
- identifying possible funding sources, and applying for grants
- assisting the Project Management and Governance workgroup in preparing reports submitted to LMCC.
WHO IS CRUCIBLE LOOKING FOR? Long-term (6–12 months) volunteering opportunities are currently available at CRUCIBLE.
While candidates who have taken part in tutoring, fundraising, drafting funding applications, and leading clubs and societies are highly regarded, previous experience is not essential. The roles on offer are perfect for enthusiastic young adults who are: • aged 18 to 25; • able to demonstrate a unique combination of people skills and cross-cultural competence; • passionate about making positive social impact, particularly in the area of cultural inclusion; • committed, dedicated and willing to see a start-up project through from start to finish; • driven by success and keen to learn new things; and • meticulous with an eye for detail. Does this sound like you? Here is what else you need to know: • Successful applicants may be required to commit four (4) to eight (8) hours each week (including weekends). • Applicants must possess a valid Working with Children’s Check or be willing to apply for one. • Periodic attendance at LMCC’s Box Hill Hub may be required. LMCC is located a 5-minute walk from Box Hill Railway Station.
APPLICATION PROCESS Ready to apply? Address an email to the Project Coordinator with the subject at with the subject line:Long-term Marketing Volunteer Role — Application:YOUR NAME HERE and attach a copy of your CV.
In the body of the email, provide your response to tasks 1 and 2 below:
In no more than 300 words, provide a summary of your involvement in a marketing campaign or activity that you are most proud of. Explain what the campaign or activity was for, your role, the challenges you faced, and what you learned from your experience.
Provide your response to ONE of the following:
In no more than 300 words, provide a personal anecdote about an interesting cross-cultural encounter. Explain how it arose, and what you found interesting about it. In no more than 300 words, briefly describe a personal experience of cross-cultural conflict. Explain how it arose, how you felt, and how it was resolved.
In your email, please also indicate which workgroup — Marketing or Digital Content Production — you wish to join. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by Sunday, 30 August 2020.