What do LEO Clubs do? LEO Clubs are a youth organisation of Lions Clubs International.
The word "LEO" stands for Leadership, Experience, Opportunity.
LEO clubs encourage youths to develop leadership qualities by participating in social service activities.
Why should I join an LEO/Lions Club? Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time.
There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life. Lions are doing good- for others and for themselves.
Joining a local LEO or Lions club is a great way to network with other people in your community, make a difference and make new friends.
Your position is negotiable on your skills, experience, availability, passion, resources, etc.
LEO's work together to deliver projects that will help to make the world a better place!
LEO' s serve their communities; gain experience; learn new skills; have fun; make friends; develop teams; become leaders; seize opportunities; build a better future.
Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time. There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life! ____
Tasks and duties
- Working with community groups to deliver a range of projects to enhance their way of life.
- Ensuring processes and protocols are in place for compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies and ensure that risks are being managed.
- Identifying assets and capacities within communities.
- Recruiting and training volunteers and members.
- Making funding applications for or to the relevant organisations.
- Acting as a facilitator to promote self-help in the community.
- Coordinating the delivery of services that contribute to improved outcomes for the community.
- Engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders to foster and sustain partnerships.
- Report writing, working with boards, advisory groups, and committees.