What do LEO Clubs do? LEO Clubs are a youth organisation of Lions Clubs International.
The word "LEO" stands for Leadership, Experience, Opportunity.
LEO clubs encourage youths to develop leadership qualities by participating in social service activities.
Why should I join an LEO/Lions Club? Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time.
There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life. Lions are doing good- for others and for themselves.
Joining a local LEO or Lions club is a great way to network with other people in your community, make a difference and make new friends.
Your position is negotiable on your skills, experience, availability, passion, resources, etc.
LEO's work together to deliver projects that will help to make the world a better place!
LEO' s serve their communities; gain experience; learn new skills; have fun; make friends; develop teams; become leaders; seize opportunities; build a better future.
Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time. There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life! ____
Tasks and duties
- Developing communications strategies.
- Writing, editing, proofreading, and formating copy for publishing in print and/or online.
- Creating and managing publication production timelines and teams.
- Liaising with, supporting, or managing public relations team for the creation of press releases, advertising kits, and promotional collateral.
- Writing speeches for senior leaders in the organiaation.
- Writing scripts for strategic videos.
- Managing social media channels, website, app, and publication content calendar.
- Creating marketing strategies aimed to attract or retain members, and funders/shareholders.
- Executing communication strategies using customer relationship management databases and email direct marketing software and templates.
- Assessing web, email, and social media analytics to understand opportunities and barriers.
- Organizing and managing events to promote key messages.
- Supervising and mentoring junior members of the team.
Communication Managers may be responsible to oversee a team and need to have strong leadership skills in addition to a high level of experience and knowledge in communications, marketing or public relations.