On My Feet transforms lives. On My Feet is a distinctly Australian organisation which uses education and exercise to support homeless individuals to discover their inner champion by building self-respect, a sense of purpose and ultimately self-sufficiency.
The Footsteps Program is a six-month self-development course for up to 15 chosen participants who are experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness. During the program, participants undertake weekly educational workshops exploring positive physical and mental health, goal setting, strength identification, leadership and role modelling. Concurrently to these weekly workshops, participants train with On My Feet every week to improve their physical well-being and running ability.
About the Role:
The Footsteps Program Well-Being & Self-Development Coach is an incredibly rewarding and impactful volunteer role. With the support of previous program curriculum guides, you will be required to design and execute a series of workshops which aim to educate participants.
On My Feet welcomes inquiries from applicants who can create and implement a well-being and self-development workshop series in the following key areas:
• Positive mental health
• Positive physical health
• Mindfulness • Building self-worth, self-belief and a sense of purpose
• Strength identification
• Life balance
• Independent living
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Engage with the participants through the use of positive dialogue
• Build relationships with key On My Feet stakeholders
• Support the series of workshops led by the other coaches
• Collaborate with the Job Readiness & Leadership Coach, the Program Senior Coordinators and any other supporting volunteers to present the weekly educational workshops
The location and day of the sessions are yet to be confirmed, but will occur in the Northbridge area or surrounding suburbs. Please note that On My Feet does not have a registered office in Perth. All volunteer work can be completed at home or at an agreed location amongst the team.
Personal Skills & Abilities:
• Able to work with individuals from different backgrounds and understand their differing perspectives
• Able to inspire and encourage vulnerable individuals to maximise their potential
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Personal & professional approach
• Energetic and confident
• Trustworthy & reliable
• Willingness to share ideas & contacts
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
There are no formal qualifications required for this role, however, proven experience working to improve an individual's wellbeing and/or development is preferred. We welcome applicants with differing backgrounds where the required skills detailed above can be demonstrated.
If this role sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you - please click the 'Apply' or 'Express Interest' button.