Do you have the following essential skills, knowledge & attributes: • Good communication skills • Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage time effectively • Ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds • Ability to lead and manage a team • Experience in developing, implementing and monitoring programs • An understanding of the importance of play during early childhood • Experience with reporting to committees • Previous experience in office roles and an ability to work as part of a team • Good organisation skills • Good knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint • Be adaptable and accepting of changes or new requirements, as needed • Demonstrated customer service standards and principles • Ability to maintain confidentiality?
Then, this is the role for you!
Your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Comply with Centre policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Attend training, meetings and get-togethers as scheduled.
- Adhere to and demonstrate the sustainability and environmental requirements of the Centre.
- Manage and monitor the playgroup programs, by; • Ensuring the implementation of Australian Government Playgroup Program Guidelines • Ensuring current Health and Safety and emergency guidelines are followed • Attending required and updated training as applicable • Promoting and supporting individual playgroups and encouraging active and ongoing participation • Liaising with the Media Sub-committee regarding advertising playgroups and for special events and activities • Managing and maintaining administration paperwork for all playgroups • Interviewing (if applicable), inducting and training new facilitators • Managing budgets and supply orders • Organising appeals for resources from the community and/or volunteers base • Organising and monitoring stocktakes and inventory of supplies and toys • Liaising with Venue Hire for new playgroups and integrity of room Playgroup Coordinator October 2021 Version 2.0 Page 2 of 3 • Establishing a meeting schedule with facilitators and support volunteers to keep abreast of activities, feedback, ideas and attendance. • Submitting a quarterly brief report for the Management Committee meeting • Setting goals and implementing strategies for expanding and maintaining playgroups • Collating facilitator reports • Coordinating and planning special events across all playgroups • Distributing, collating and reporting surveys and results • Providing regular updates of activities to Media Sub-committee for promotion within appropriate media • Ensuring privacy and confidentiality is maintained • Liaising with parents and/or caregivers regarding attendance
- Managing and supporting coordinators and support volunteers by; • Assisting Facilitators and families to establish groups • Mentoring new facilitators with procedures, policies, programs and administration processes • Meeting with Facilitators, assistants and/or key personnel regularly (2 x term) to encourage feedback, attendance, setting goals and discussing programs. • Supporting and assisting all staff with conflict resolution • Managing training for playgroup volunteers