Our Wesley Mission Queensland Aged Care Communities located at Bray Park, Geebung, Chermside, Sinnamon Park and Corinda are seeking volunteers to assist with the resident lifestyle program on weekday mornings and afternoons. The program includes a range of fun group activities for residents such as bowling, board games, bus trips, and singalongs. Individual visits to residents can also be organised if you would prefer or feel free to utilise your own skills to facilitate an activity. These activities assist residents with improving fitness levels, promoting a sense of well-being and encouraging community connectedness. Most importantly they bring joy and create smiles!
Aged Care Volunteer can assist residents by:
- Escorting residents to and from the morning lifestyle program and assisting as required during the activity program
- Encouraging independence, friendship, and fun
- Being spontaneous and sharing life experiences
- Providing companionship and a sense of belonging
- Communicating resident feedback to staff to enhance resident enjoyment.
This volunteering role is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm and empathetic manner. Volunteering is a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of our senior residents while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Volunteering hours currently available: Monday to Friday morning and afternoons between 9am - 12 noon and 1pm till 3.30pm. Other volunteering hours including individual visits can be organised directly with relevant staff.