On My Feet transforms lives. We are a distinctly Australian organisation which uses education and exercise to support those at risk of, or dealing with, homelessness in the community. On My Feet helps these individuals to discover their inner champion by building self-respect, a sense of purpose and ultimately self-sufficiency.
About the Role:
The Support Coach is an incredibly rewarding and impactful volunteer role. On My Feet welcomes enquiries from applicants who can help the Lead Coach to plan, design and implement an engaging program, with the aim of improving the participants' fitness abilities in the following key areas:
• Running distance
• Running speed
• Weight/fat loss
• Strength & conditioning
• Overall fitness
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Engage with the participants through the use of positive dialogue
• Attend weekly exercise groups sessions to maintain a consistent roster/appearance schedule
• Communicate and report back to the Lead Coach
The location and day of the sessions are yet to be confirmed, but will occur in the Fremantle area or surrounding suburbs.
Personal Skills & Abilities:
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Able to work with individuals from different backgrounds and understand their differing perspectives
• Able to inspire and encourage vulnerable individuals to maximise their potential
• Personal & professional approach
• Trustworthy & reliable
• Willingness to share ideas & contacts
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
There are no formal qualifications required for this role, however, an interest in coaching is essential. Any background or experience that demonstrates the required skills detailed above, is preferred.
If this role sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you - please click the 'Apply' or 'Express Interest' button.