We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Web Designer to join our Marketing team as a volunteer. This role is perfect for those wishing to expand their skill-set and professional network in a new space. It will also allow you to gain hands-on experience in the not for profit sector and contribute to an organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of women and children in Afghanistan.
We are seeking someone who can commit 6-8 hours a week either remotely or in our Marsfield office.
Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to providing a sustainable future to vulnerable women and children in Afghanistan. Over the past 22 years, Mahboba’s Promise has adhered to the values of compassion and integrity to empower women and children to make a lasting difference in their own lives. We have established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provide sponsorships for girls’ education, widows, and orphans.
As part of the role you will undertake tasks including:
- Maintenance and management of website front-end
- Creation of new front-end pages for fundraising campaigns
- Communicating with our Marketing Team for the appropriate design and set up of our front-end pages
- Optimising elements of existing landing pages
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven work experience as a WordPress developer
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills