Bicycles for Humanity Melbourne is a voluntary, not-for- profit organisation that collects disused bicycles and ships them to communities in need. The bicycles change lives forever by improving basic mobility for access to health care and education, and increasing economic productivity. The container then becomes a pre-built bicycle workshop providing employment opportunities.
Every year around 1.5 million bicycles are sold across Australia. It is estimated that around half of these will end up unused or abandoned. By unlocking the value in recycled bicycles, Bicycles for Humanity Melbourne enables a sustainable model which improves access to basic human needs within African communities.
In this role of People & Culture Manager, you will be required to take on the following tasks:
• Recruiting new volunteers, including writing, posting and promoting opportunities; screening candidates to assess suitability
• On-boarding procedures
• Upgrading volunteer processes
• Maintaining volunteer records
• Maintaining policies, procedures and volunteer handbook
• Monitoring health and safety practices
• Keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and make any necessary modifications to accommodate changes
• Mentoring and guiding our Volunteer Administrator
• Assisting scheduling volunteers for events as needed
• Ideally attending packing days
• Overseeing mentor/mentee program
• Attending monthly committee meetings (in person or by Zoom)
• Providing a monthly report reflecting sub-committee activities at each meeting
• Sending any newsletter requests 1 week prior to publishing
• Previous experience in human resource management or a similar position
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
• Excellent communication skills
• Enthusiastic about helping to achieve Bicycles for Humanity’s key goals
If this sounds like the right role for you, please include your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and what you think could bring to the table!