Are you friendly and enjoy having a chat?
As a volunteer, your role is to have a friendly chat with people who make contact on the telephone, talking about everyday topics. *This is not a crisis intervention or counselling service.
Volunteers will be provided support and training.
You will answer incoming calls via a computer and have a friendly chat with people as well as completing simple data entry tasks online during your shift.
Some of the skills and qualities we are looking for;
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Previous volunteer experience is desirable but not necessary
- Experience or willingness to learn about community organisations
- Basic IT proficiency
- Satisfactory National Police record check
- Adhere to and promote the values and mission of Friends for Good
- Commitment to volunteering
Please note: this position will be to work at our Adelaide-based office, all volunteers must be prepared to come into the office to undertake shifts. We are only recruiting for weekday shifts (Mon-Fri) during business hours