We are seeking mature minded, flexible, positive, honest, friendly, and reliable people with good communication skills. The Volunteer will be working as a part of a team for the Community Connections “Creating The Link” project - working with community clients who have been identified as being socially isolated.
The potential volunteer will have experience working with elderly either through residential settings, hospitals, or any other community based organisations where they have had to work with people. Students with backgrounds in Community Services and Health, Social Work or other Human Services studies will also be considered.
The main role of volunteers will be as a Buddy or a Mentor and some client related administrative tasks will be required and volunteers will need to attend morning meetings and once a monthly team meeting.
We are looking for a person that has all or most of the below attributes:
- Mature minded, creative, innovative, honest, friendly, reliable, passionate, committed, and flexible with the ability to work independently.
- Has good people skills and is able to establish a rapport with others
- Have an interest in or experience with working with older people and are interested in learning more about social isolation and its impact upon the elderly.
- Have very good communication skills and will ask for assistance when needed
- Is organized and has good time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to accept and work with culturally and socially diverse clients
- Have a current driver’s license
- Has current up to date Police Check and DCSI screening