St Marks in Wheller Gardens Aged Care Community at Chermside is seeking volunteers to assist with the resident lifestyle program on weekdays. This program includes bowling, concerts, bingo, singalongs, exercises, individual visits and so much more!
These activities assist residents with improving fitness levels, promoting a sense of well-being and encouraging community connectedness. Most importantly they bring joy and create smiles!
Lifestyle Assistants can help residents by:
- Escorting residents to and from the morning lifestyle program and assisting as required during the activity.
- Providing companionship to individual residents.
- Taking a resident outside for a walk in the gardens or a coffee at the on-site shop.
- Being spontaneous and sharing life experiences and your own skills.
- Communicating resident feedback back to staff to assist in improving both the activity and resident enjoyment.
This role is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm and empathetic manner. Volunteering is a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of our senior residents while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Volunteer hours are available between the hours of 9am till 4pm Monday to Friday.