The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Canterbury Toy Library.
As Treasurer you will be knowledgeable in simple accounting processes and methods and will be the key person responsible for overseeing the organisation’s financial management and the maintenance of financial records including making payroll payments.
We are small organisation with approximately 60 members but entering a period of growth and will need the right person to manage and guide us with maintaining our financial sustainability
We are looking for someone who is:
- experienced in accounting / bookkeeping – we have a very basic system in place utilising excel spreadsheets but there is room for improvement
- trustworthy and committed to financial transparency and sustainability
- able to work to deadlines
An ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a collaborative team with a diversity of skills and knowledge, who really care about making a positive difference.
If the Treasurer is unable to attend a committee meeting, a written report should be sent to the Secretary at least one or two days before the meeting.
Benefits in undertaking this role:
- Become a vital part of a small organisation where you will see the positive impact you make
- Meet new people and become part of a friendly and supportive team
- Small time commitment of up to 4 hours a month and minimum of 4 committee meetings a year
- The role can be done entirely from the comfort of your own home, there are no set hours for most of the role and can be managed around your own schedule.
- Keep your skills active / resume up to date
A detailed position description is available on request