We are looking for reliable, helpful, friendly Volunteer Gardening Assistants with a green thumb who have a passion or interest in horticulture and/or gardening and enjoy working outdoors, to assist our maintenance team. The gardening assistant role involves pruning, weeding, watering garden areas, planting and potting, clearing leaves as well as trimming hedges to keep our gardens looking pristine for our residents, families and visitors to enjoy.
Skills & Qualities:
- Interest in gardening maintenance and support.
- Ability and skill to perform the manual work involved in gardening.
- Ability to abide by the workplace health & safety procedures and to use appropriate sun protection.
- Comfortable communicating with a wide range of people with varying needs.
- Maintain professional boundaries and work within the policies and procedures of Anglicare.
- Work with limited supervision and be able to take direction when required.
- Reliable, flexible and motivated to make a difference.
- Experience with hand tools, whipper snipper or hedge trimmer.
- Able to identify plants, flowers and weeds.
Mandatory Requirements: Volunteer Mandatory Training – must complete prior to commencing your first shift. Department of Health’s COVID-19 training modules – must complete prior to commencing. NationalPolice Certificate – undergo a national police check and we will coordinate and pay for this on your behalf.