St John’s is a fully-accredited aged care facility strengthened by a team of value-driven professionals who sincerely care about what they do and what they bring to our organisation and residents. Our Spirtual and Pastoral Care team are seeking the support from volunteers who are good listeners and can provide spiritual and emotional support to residents.
Skills & Qualities:
- An understanding of the spiritual and emotional needs of residents.
- Ability to listen well.
- Recognised prior learning in Pastoral Care services.
- To be actively involved in a Christian faith community.
- A genuine interest in people and the motivation to make a difference in their lives.
- Ability to develop rapport and interact positively with residents, respecting their values and beliefs.
- Flexibility, commitment and ability to work with limited supervision and maintain professional boundaries.
- Work with limited supervision and be able to take direction when required.
- Respect, care and courtesy towards others.
Mandatory Requirements: Volunteer Mandatory Training – must complete prior to commencing your first shift. Department of Health’s COVID-19 training modules – must complete prior to commencing. National Police Certificate – undergo a national police check and we will coordinate and payfor this on your behalf. Current Flu Vaccination – must provide evidence of current 2020 flu vaccination from your GP or vaccination provider.