Location: Sydney + Online
Salary: Volunteer position (4 hours per week) for 3 months
Sector: Environmental For-Purpose Registered Charity
Ongoing Applications Accepted
Seaside Scavenge is a registered non-profit organisation with DGR status. In 5 years Seaside Scavenge has grown from a small idea of connecting unaware people with litter in their waterways into a financially viable NGO.
The Scavenge events have empowered over 7,500 (majority aged 25-34yrs) in close to 50 communities across Australia to remove 13.4 tonnes of litter and 196,766 cigarette butts as well as engage 498 local businesses to become waste-wise.
We are on a mission to inspire Australians to reimagine rubbish as a resource. Currently, searching for a passionate, reliable and experienced individual to join the team and give our website a fresh new look!
1) Why are we looking for you?
Seaside Scavenge wants to shake up our website and give it a fresh feel moving into 2021 by:
- Creating a search directory on the website
- Updating images and content
- Reviewing website structure including SEO and providing advice on improvements
- Reviewing traffic to the website through Google Analytics and providing advice on improvements.
2) What we want from you?
- Keen to take a brief and run with it
- Squarespace and Coding experience
- Competent using Google Analytics and managing SEO
- Pixel or tag tracking experience (like google tags)
- Reliable, motivated and deadline orientated
Email Volunteer Coordinator – Camille at email@example.com with subject line ‘EOI Web Designer’ and attach:
- Cover letter detailing your passion for joining the Scavenge team (1 page)
- Resume addressing above 1) 2) & listing relevant experience (2 pages)