This role will involve helping with being on reception, meeting and greeting customers, processing animal adoptions and surrenders; compiling the daily banking report; answering phones; organising administrative documents; and other ad hoc duties as per the Shelter Coordinator’s request.
By volunteering in this role, you are helping to run our Orange Shelter and provide a necessary variety of services to our customers, the animals in our care and the local community.
Personal skills and attributes required:
- Exceptional people skills
- Friendly and helpful telephone skills
- Willingness to help customers
- Loves to be part of a team working towards a good cause
Full tasks include:
- Preparing, processing and filing daily administrative paperwork
- Handling payments using EFTPOS, cash and compiling daily banking reports
- Helping with the intake and adoption of animals
- Ability to work under pressure during busy times
- Complying with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understanding and complying with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures
RSPCA NSW is a registered COVID Safe organisation, and follows NSW Health warnings and precautions in regards to our staff, volunteers, visitors and daily practices.
- Training from our Shelter Team
- Experience in a shelter environment and learning day-to-day operations
- Inclusion in a friendly and vibrant team
- Rewarding work that directly helps the running of the shelter
- Networking with internal stakeholders
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, if possible