About RainShine Foundation Australia
RainShine Foundation Australia is a not-for-profit organisation registered in 2019 with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
The objective of our work is to improve access to education, health and infrastructure for children and their families in remote areas of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRCongo). Through no fault of their own, these families are unlikely to access the daily resources that we automatically expect to receive, such as public education and health care.
Our programmes are making a difference...the RainShine Foundation has been operating its programmes in DRCongo since 2012 via its sister organisation RainShine Foundation USA, which is a registered 501(3)c charity. RainShine is a small sized charity that punches well above its size and is funded currently by private donations from around the world.
We currently have 3 Board Directors and 1 committee member who are passionate about instigating changes that we want to see in the world. All Board members are volunteers who donate their time and commitment. We are seeking an additional member who can share in our vision and bring their skills to our Board.
Volunteer Board Member (Fundraising/donor generation for overseas aid to Africa). We are looking for a person who is experienced in fundraising and donor generation to support our organisational objectives through our current programmes in DRCongo.
Because we are a small charity all Board members need to be hands-on developing policies, setting strategies, promoting RainShine, managing fundraising campaigns and seeking donors both private and corporate.
All Board members are responsible for Board governance and maintaining accountability to our organisation, to its donors and to the beneficiaries of our programmes. Board members must also be eligible to hold positions in accordance with ACNC and the Corporations ACT 2001 requirements.
- The term of office for a Board member is 4 years. This position would initially be a term of 1 year with a review on its anniversary.
- Board meetings are held bimonthly at 7pm on Wednesdays. These meetings are usually 2 hours. Each Board member is required to be across their board material so one could expect another 2 hours to prepare for a meeting.
- Approximately 1 day a week, or equivalent time spread across a week as required, to manage fundraising and donor activities. This would vary according to what campaigns are active.
- Largely this role can be conducted by working from your home/or a location which is convenient to you, however depending on fundraising activities you would be required to attend events in your community and/or meet with some donors.
- Meetings are held using BlueJeans or other meeting software as agreed by the Board.
Experience and Requirements
We are looking for a person who will bring enthusiasm to our cause and who also passionately believes that countries such as Australia and USA can make a genuine difference in Africa.
- The applicant shall have a proven track record in not-for-profit fundraising and donor generation for overseas aid organisations.
- Will work in collaboration with relevant Board members to develop a strategy for fundraising and donor generation
- Implement and co-ordinate the strategy
- Develop materials (letters, proposals, emails, newsletter etc) to support the strategy as required
- Use social media where applicable to deliver the strategy
- Identify and liaise with potential corporate and private donors
- Grant writing as required
- Identify new fundraising opportunities/events
- Reading and writing in French is not a strong requirement, however some understanding of French would be useful. While the majority of our communications are written in English, the National language of DRCongo is French.