Men’s Information and Support Association (MISA) is a leading men’s focussed counselling service servicing Brisbane’s northern suburbs and the Moreton Bay region since 1997.
We employ a team of counsellors who are experts in responsibility-based approaches to men’s wellbeing and highly experienced in working with men in need to build healthy relationships and positively contribute to their families, workplaces and communities.
Our vision is:
- Men are empowered to actively participate in building and sustaining their personal mental health and well-being to enable healthy relationships, families, workplaces and communities.
- Public policy and community attitudes affecting men’s mental health and wellbeing is influenced by an evidence base and is supportive of new and innovative outcomes-orientated approaches to support.
Our mission is:
- To provide proactive male-focused support services that strengthen relationships and hope for men wanting to build their capacity to positively contribute to their families, workplaces and communities. Our services place the client at the centre of decision-making processes which are based in theory while being grounded, compassionate, respectful and authentic.
- To influence policy settings and community attuites affecting men’s health and wellbeing by promoting by emphasizing the positive impact and unique value of men’s active role in society and supporting this role through our evidence-based service model and the development of new innovative evidence-based approaches of support.
We are looking for a skilled person, who is passionate about our cause, to join our Management Committee as our Treasurer. Your qualifications and experience in accounting, audit or finance will mean you can take responsibility for our financial management and reporting immediately following a handover from our existing Treasurer. Previous involvement with a community-based organization or not-for-profit organization would be helpful but is not essential. The key competencies and duties of the Treasurer are as follows:
- A qualification in Accounting (CPA or Chartered Accountant)
- Competent with Xero and Excel
- Ensure compliance with all tax and ACNC rules and regulations
- Prepare budgets, Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet Statements
- Liaise with operational staff and outsourced bookkeeper as required to ensure all financial processes and obligations are in order