What are the benefits?
- Helping to raise awareness of the services that RSPCA provides in the community
- Raising funds to help animals in need
- Promote animals available for adoption
- Be part of the Community Crew team
What are the tasks?
- Represent RSPCA Qld in the community and share your passion for animal welfare
- Seek out new and innovative opportunities in your community
- Assist and organise community events
- Create future animal advocates through educational visits
- Promote RSPCA Qld services and support programs
- Promote RSPCA Events
- Help raise funds
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Be friendly, positive and enthusiastic
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Confidence in answering questions from members of the public
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues
PLEASE NOTE: It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
The application form asks if you are willing to purchase a volunteer shirt as part of your role – please note that this is not a requirement for this volunteer role