Do you want to help save orangutans, rainforests, and other endangered species?
The Orangutan Project (TOP) is expanding and we're looking for a Fundraising Team Leader for our new fundraising team for the CBD and inner Melbourne suburbs. Fundraising activities can be focused around locations that are convenient for you. Team Leaders are especially important to help us grow, and the time to join us is now!
About the role
This position reports to and is supported by the Volunteers Fundraising Manager. Fundraising Team Leaders play a key role to raise much-needed funds to save orangutans and their rainforest homes.
The role includes:
- managing your team of volunteers with help from the Assistant Team Leader
- booking and managing stalls at markets and community festivals, to seek donations and sell merchandise
- talking to people about the threats facing orangutans and the role TOP plays in Sumatra and Borneo
- helping to bring new volunteers on board
- recording and banking funds raised
- ordering and storing merchandise
- communicating regularly with your volunteers, TOP staff and the Volunteers Fundraising Manager
You're passionate about the environment, especially about saving endangered species from extinction and protecting rainforests we all rely on.
You are a proactive self-starter, and a good communicator who enjoys getting out and about in your local community. You have time and energy to put into this role, including volunteering some weekends and evenings.
You’ll need some experience in either team management or fundraising.
A good understanding of customer service, the ability to supervise others, strong organisational skills, and being comfortable working online will all help you to be successful.
This role is a great opportunity to build on your existing skills and experience and bolster your resume for the future. You’ll get support and training in areas that you may need to develop further.
Above all, you're looking for a fun, dynamic role that's full of variety and capacity to grow. You're looking to use your skills and knowledge with a reputable environmental charity and make a real difference to some of the world's most precious environments and species.
If this sounds like you, please apply below. After you’ve applied, please also send a copy of your resume or brief summary of your experience to our email address, which will be sent to you in an automated message.