Co-Ground is an innovative and award-winning charity working across Australia and Asia-Pacific. We are passionate about equality and believe education is key to tackling poverty. Co-Ground supports community-driven education, health and livelihood projects in the Asia-Pacific while building community around social enterprise here in Australia. Co-Ground is a registered Not-For-Profit organisation and sole owner of its social enterprises, Co-Ground Coffee and Do-Good Books, with 100 percent of profits from both initiatives going to our international community programs.
Our charity is looking for a committed Board Member with a background in the legal sector to serve on our organisation’s governing body. The role requires attending (virtually or in-person) monthly board meetings.
Our ideal applicant will be able to use their legal experience to actively advise and guide the strategy and initiatives of the charity and its social enterprises. They will offer experience and personal characteristics that will support Co-Ground’s vision and impact.
We invite you to apply for this exciting volunteer position with tangible social outcomes. Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Substantial legal experience, preferably with a background in commercial law
- Ability to consider legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial factors in strategic decision making
- Able to regularly attend and actively participate in Board meetings
- Demonstrates a passion for social impact and empowered communities
- Willingness to complete a National Police Check and Victorian Working with Childrens Check
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Join Us To apply, please provide your LinkedIn profile or a recent CV and we'll get in touch.
Keep In Touch Whether this position is suited to you, or not, please keep in touch! Follow our story on social media, help us connect with others who might be interested, come and grab a coffee, or even put your hand-up to volunteer in another capacity. Co-Ground is possible thanks to many people doing good things.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Co-Ground team