The Food Room Volunteer role is ideal for those who are organised and compassionate in dealing with people in their time of significant need. This is your chance to help Bunbury, WA Doorways make a real difference to the lives of our most disadvantaged in our community.
The Food Room Volunteer provides support in transporting goods, unloading vehicles, checking and placing food stock on shelves, making food packs ready and providing quality customer service.
Attention to maintaining a clean, safe, hygienic and healthy work environment is critical. Safety and well-being of self and others is vital and there is a requirement to identify and report hazards and incidents when they occur.
This is your chance to make a real difference to the lives of our most disadvantaged in our community and is a role where you will gain experience, have learning opportunities, make wonderful connections and have the chance to be part of a great team!
Qualifications & Experience Requirements For The Role
- Food handling and customer service experience would be beneficial, but not essential as on the job training and induction are provided for the right candidates
- The Salvation Army will provide access to Food Handling Certificate training as required
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Fully complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Criminal History (Police Check) Check
- Working with People's Check / WWPC
- A current drivers licence and good driving record.
- Complete TSA mandatory training and induction modules and any other training as required
Roster & Time Commitment
- Please indicate your availability in your expression of interest.