The role involves the following key areas:
- Organise monthly pain support group activities
- Communicate and engage with the community
- Provide and disseminate information, research and opportunities to group members
- Develop partnerships within the community
- Liaise with local health professionals to build a support network.
The ideal candidate holds the following qualities and experiences:
- Positive and willing to support attitude
- Interest in community development and engagement
- Honest and transparent
- Interest to develop their own skill set
- Involvement with a pain management program or clinic in the past
- **Lived experience with chronic pain **
- Empathy - our members and community sometimes face challenges and we need to support our members when they need it
- Clear communicator and good listener
- Lives in the Bundaberg region.