- Join innovative Sydney based not-for-profit empowering everyday Australians to reduce waste through educational events!
- Part time with opportunity to extend to full time
- Remuneration is linked to the Social Community Home Care and Disability Services Award (Level 4) ($28/h + super)
- Start date: 11th January 2021
SEASIDE SCAVENGE VISION
A world where waste is a resource.
SEASIDE SCAVENGE MISSION
To activate local communities to reimagine waste as a resource through fun and unique programs that ultimately clean-up the ocean.
SEASIDE SCAVENGE VALUES
Fun. Co-Creation. Activation.
- Reduce waste to landfill and into the ocean
- Educate Australians about circular economies of waste streams to create responsible consumers
- Activate individuals with a fun approach to be the change we need in the world
- Create pathways for public, private and community sectors to work together to adopt planet-friendly behaviours
- Connect and grow the Scavenge community
PROJECTOR COORDINATOR PURPOSE
Deliver Seaside Scavenge events across NSW. Building working relations with council, community groups, local businesses and the community at large. Ensure event delivery is of organisational standard, conducting event evaluations. Overall, ensuring essential tasks are completed and developing and implementing strategies to improve the event.
At Seaside Scavenge each employee is a key player in contributing to our vision. We’re looking for someone who has a dynamic personality, the capacity to manage multiple events simultaneously, contribute creatively to program development and is able to mitigate loose ends before they unravel.
Let’s call this someone, Charlie.
CHARLIE’S DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key role supporting the CEO in project and event implementation
- Council and potential partner liaison for event enquiries and coordination
- Establish, engage and manage volunteers relevant to programs and events
- Plan, maintain and execute Seaside Scavenge events and Looped Festival
- Manage and maintain event, volunteer and partner databases as needed
- Provide own computer to work from
CHARLIE’S EVENT COORDINATOR ROLE
- Support local program event coordinators with relevant resources;
- Manage administrative elements such as event budget and timelines;
- Manage or coordinate risk management and COVID plans;
- Key liaison with event stakeholders (public speakers, musicians, stallholders, workshop hosts, organisations, businesses etc);
- Coordinate logistics of run sheets, equipment, permits, event supplies;
- Work with marketing coordinator to establish marketing plan for promotion;
- Contribute to impact analysis, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders with successful outcomes;
- Exceptional initiative and organisational skills and ability to prioritise demands, problem-solve and work under limited supervision;
- Flexibility to work some irregular hours when required;
- Strong event management experience including risk management;
- Comfortable driving a large, manual van (valid drivers license)