About the Charity
Human and Hope Association Inc. (HHA Inc.) is a registered charity that empowers communities to address inequalities. We achieve this through two approaches:
Raising awareness in Australia about the unintended consequences of voluntourism and advocating for a local approach to development. Financially supporting a grassroots community centre in Cambodia (HHA Cambodia) who run education, vocational training and community development programs that alleviate poverty.
The Walk to Cambodia is an annual virtual event that sees participants collectively walking the distance from Australia to Cambodia throughout the month of April. In 2019, this event raised $4,900 for education programs run by our program partner, Human and Hope Association Cambodia. In 2020, in the midst of a pandemic, we raised $13,000.
Our goal is to raise at minimum, $20,000 through this event in 2021. To achieve this, we are building a working committee which will be led by our CEO.
About the Role
We are searching for a volunteer Social Media Manager who is responsible for creating a marketing plan to recruit our current database, community groups and individuals to participate in our 2021 Walk to Cambodia event.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Solid social media experience
- A passion for eradicating poverty
- Highly developed organisational skills, including the ability to set priorities and complete tasks to deadlines
- Willingness to devote the required time to serving on the committee
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the ‘Walk to Cambodia’ Instagram account
- Preparing and scheduling Walk to Cambodia posts for Human and Hope’s various social media channels
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure the social media plan coincides with the marketing strategy
- Creating a sense of community through social media for the Walk to Cambodia participants
The Social Media Manager can expect to spend around five hours a week on independent work between December 2020 and May 2021.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and your C.V to CEO Sally Hetherington OAM at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries can be made on 0424 080 186.
Applications close on Friday, 27th November at 5pm ADST.