- Ensuring that all children are safe, comfortable and accounted for.
- Utilising provided resources (books, toys, music) to engage with the children
- Advising and informing staff or the children’s mother of any issues or concerns
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent manner with children
- Ability to take initiative
- Good listening and observation skills
- Capacity to work as part of a team
This role is best suited to someone
- who is resourceful and enthusiastic.
- Is confident working with women of varied cultural backgrounds and limited English skills;
- has a warm and inviting personality;
- who is organised and proactive; and
- can work in a dynamic environment and problem solve challenges with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.