- Prepare and conduct training online with the training programme and teacher’s guide prepared by SisterWorks.
- Support SisterWorks Empowerment Hub develops an intermediate/advance sewing training programme.
- Welcoming Sisters, encouraging them to know each other and ensuring they have a positive experience during the training.
- Use available SisterWorks tools, such as videos and games, to provide a training set up the activity, selecting necessary machines, tools and materials for the day specified in the training programme.
- Check the sewing level of each participant and plan and adjust their training as required.
- Work in a team with other teachers, organizing activities and sharing responsibilities.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Advance sewing skills (Cert III in textile and production or similar preferable).
- Ability to follow programme instructions and guidance.
- Prior experience working with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to lead activities and teach others
- Good listening and observation, organization skills
- Capacity to work as part of a team
This role is best suited to someone
- with a good command of spoken and written English
- is confident working with women of varied cultural backgrounds and limited English skills;
- has a warm and inviting personality
- who is organised and proactive; and
- can work in a dynamic environment and problem solve challenges with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude