MCCS (Maitland Community Care Services) drivers are professional, unpaid, drivers. The position is part of a team of volunteer drivers, who provide essential transport services to the frail, aged and those with disabilities, their carers, and others who are transport disadvantaged.
The role delivers a door-through-door service. This includes assisting clients from door into/out of vehicle. Drivers may also be required to assist with walkers, wheelchairs and the like. Carers sometimes accompany clients. In addition to the transport, the service provides highly valued incidental social interaction with our clients.
MCCS is committed to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of clients, staff and volunteers whilst we continue to provide much-needed practical support in our communities. Our commitment includes providing all in-home staff and clients with the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as masks.
The many benefits of volunteering with MCCS include:
- Joining a friendly, enthusiastic team
- Flexibility in the days/times and roles
- Opportunities to develop various skills and abilities
- Become a great role model
- Networking with other like-minded people
- Free training
- MCCS pay journey insurance, reimburse your costs (where appropriate) and pay for your annual flu vaccination
- Achieving personal satisfaction by giving back to your Community
- Increase your own social connections