Meals on Wheels is a well established not-for-profit service that supports people who may have difficulty preparing a healthy and nutritious meal for themselves every day. Our Meals on Wheels volunteers are a very valuable and important part of Maitland Community Care Service's operation.
- Preparing and packing the meals for delivery
- Assisting with unpacking/organising and storing food deliveries from suppliers
- Monthly stocktake of the meals
- Delivering Meals on Wheels to the our client's home
MCCS is committed to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of clients, staff and volunteers whilst we continue to provide much-needed practical support in our communities. Our commitment includes providing all in-home staff and clients with the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as masks.
The many benefits of volunteering with MCCS include:
- Joining a friendly, enthusiastic team
- Flexibility in the days/times and roles
- Opportunities to develop various skills and abilities
- Become a great role model
- Networking with other like-minded people
- Free training
- Achieving personal satisfaction by giving back to your Community
- Increase your own social connections