It's an exciting time to be part of our journey. You may have noticed we've recently changed our name from Aftercare to Stride. We’re leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention. Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey. As we embark on the next stage of our journey, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
About the service:
headspace Centres act as a one-stop-shop for young people aged 12-25 years who need help with mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drugs and/or work and study support.
About the opportunities:
- We have two volunteer opportunities available; 1x Meadowbrook & 1x Ipswich
- 12 month contract (possibility of extension to 2 years)
- The role of the Chair is to provide independent leadership to the headspace Consortium. The Chair will be appointed for one year, with the option to extend should both parties be satisfied. The Consortium has two main purposes:
- To outline priority areas and advise regarding the strategic direction of the headspace service;
- To create a network to discuss youth mental health issues within the region, to identify gaps and provide leadership to share and discuss ideas on how to meet these needs.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience as a Chairperson in a range of different roles.
- Sound knowledge of corporate and clinical governance requirements and processes.
- A collaborative style of decision making
- Effective communications skills
- Knowledge of community-based organisations
- Demonstrated interest in the health and wellbeing of young people Independence - not currently employed by Stride. Commitment: The Consortium meets 4 times per year. There may be occasions where this is more frequent. Reading of information and consultation around agenda and minutes will be required between meetings.
Apply now! To apply attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt, with a final closing date of 6 December 2020.