It is a Bonus if you have a disability, am a family member of a person with a disability or work ( or have worked) in the sector. We are seeking expressions of interest from people with professional skills in at least one of the following: • Finance (Treasurer) – **must a registered CA or CPA **• Fundraising/Grant writing/Corporate Sponsorship
- Reconcile. compile and report on monthly financials.
- Lead creating the annual budget
- Create the annual financial statement
- Advise and guide with all things financial, including and Government fund available if a COVID situation occurs again. -** Live LOCAL to Ringwood, Victoria and be prepared to meet and work closely with the CEO and Chair**
- Promote the organisation in the community as opportunities arise.
- Participate, promote and support enthusiastically in any organisation fundraising.
- Contribute to governance and board admin and paperwork, insurance policies, and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Follow good governance.
- Contribute to strategic planning sessions.
- Donate your specific skills to the Charity
- Join subcommittees
• We are still very small and only have 2 x part time staff and a few volunteers. Occasionally, you may be called on to assist with specific roles and projects in addition to your board and governance role. An enthusiastic ‘roll up your sleeves and hands-on approach to assisting at the operational level will be well received.
• These roles may include things such as: volunteering at fundraisers, events and presentations, researching and drafting content, research, planning and applying for grants and funds and whatever else comes up
REQUIREMENTS: • High level of commitment to the work of the organisation. • A time commitment of 12-15 hours per month (for correspondence, meeting preparation and attendance, any activities arising from the meeting, subcommittee meetings and obligations). • Preparation for and participation in the discussions and the deliberations of the board. • Keeping informed of the organisation’s activities and actively supporting them. • Being aware of and avoiding any real or perceived conflict of interest. • Great communication verbal and written. • Industry knowledge – experience in similar organisations or have lived experience. You need to become an annual paid member of iDareU.