The Enhancement Activities Program aims to support disengaged students to improve connection to the school community and their engagement with learning opportunities, by providing a coordinated approach to before, during and after school activities.
An exciting opportunity has emerged within the Gardening Club Program to volunteer as a Gardening Club Assistant. In a school garden students learn how to grow, care for, harvest and prepare a variety of fruit, vegetables and herbs. In this role you will be a part of a team to support students to build gardening skills in a friendly, non-threatening and supportive environment.
This role will operate across the following site:
- Aldercourt Primary School, Silver Ave, Frankston North
Please specify the location you are applying for in your screening questionnaire.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone with:
- Commitment and interest in supporting children and young people
- Passion and applied experience in growing, tending, harvesting plants / vegetable garden
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate and interact well with children and young people
- Demonstrated capacity to contribute to a team environment
- Commitment to the objectives and ongoing development of the program
- Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the BSL
To learn more, apply now!