RSPCA NSW are seeking a volunteer to assist our Blue Mountains Volunteer Branch to maintain their Facebook page with fundraising initiatives, local events, and adoption updates from the local RSPCA NSW Shelter at Katoomba.
This volunteer will also be responsible for answering messages received from members of the public, in line with RSPCA NSW standard responses and ensuring members of the public are responded to within a specific time frame.
As a social media assistant, you will be providing essential communications to the Blue Mountains community about the fundraising and adoption activities of the RSPCA NSW in that region, with clear messaging and responses.
Volunteers in this position are required to sign a copy of the RSPCA NSW Social Media policies in order to gain access to the Facebook page.
What this volunteer role looks like
- Editing and posting content on the RSPCA NSW Blue Mountains Volunteer Branch Facebook page
- Answering messages from members of the public in a timely and correct manner, in-line with RSPCA NSW messaging and answers
- Forwarding on communications to members of the branch if required
- Complying with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understanding and complying with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures
What we need from you
- At least 18 years old
- Familiarity with social media, particularly Facebook (essential)
- Excellent computer skills (essential)
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent and accurate written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow direction and work within a team or autonomously
- Positive attitude
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Christmas/New Years, all expressions of interest will be reviewed on or after the 4th of January 2021.
- Experience running a local community Facebook page
- Inclusion in a team focused on animal welfare and providing excellent communications to our internal community at RSPCA NSW
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, where possible