Would you like to provide companionship for a woman in her early sixties who is socially isolated? She likes conversation, art & craft, meeting people of all ages and going for coffee. She uses a walking stick, has been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, and needs a volunteer who can provide transport (reimbursement for kilometres available). Her preference is to meet 11am on Tuesdays (this could be monthly or fortnightly) but if this opportunity appeals to you and that time does not suit please let us know.
You can choose to attend outings with another volunteer and ideally another person with a disability will join the group at some stage (subject to consultation with you).
Benefits to you:
- Improve communication and personal skills
- Develop leadership and management qualities
- Increase your confidence and motivation
- Enhance your CV
- Increase your circle of friends
- Fulfilment and personal growth
- Lead a richer life whilst creating a more inclusive society
- Have fun!
If you would like to know more please apply and indicate if you have any specific questions. More information and a position description will be provided in the initial stages of recruitment.