The purpose of this position is to provide information, support and assistance to male respondents of Domestic Violence Orders across the Caboolture, Redcliffe and Strathpine Magistrates Court. This includes supporting the respondent during the court process and providing information and referrals to support services.
Tasks involved include:
- Provide male respondents with general information in relation to Domestic Violence Protection Orders, court layout and court process.
- Provide men affected by domestic and family violence with information about available services and assistance with referrals.
- Develop and maintain community networks and referral protocols, through liaison and service promotion with court officials, Queensland Police, solicitors and other community service providers.
- Maintain confidentiality and duty of care.
- Undertake other duties as and when directed within the scope of the role and the capabilities of the incumbent.