- Closely monitor financial performance.
- Ensure that the financial structure is adequate for the organisation’s current needs and long-range strategy.
- Ensure that the board is properly and adequately informed of the financial status of the organisation and its operations.
- Ensure that published reports properly reflect the financial status of the organisation.
- Review results achieved by management compared with the organisation’s mission and strategic plan.
- Foster a positive working relationship with other Board members and organisation staff.
- Attendance at Board meetings and at events of the organisation.
- Attendance at the Annual General Meeting.
- Knowledge and skills in finance, experience in MYOB preferred but not essential.
- Be informed of the services provided by the Cairns Cruising Yacht Squadron and support them publicly.
- Prepare for and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of the Board.
- Be aware of and abstain from any conflict of interest.