The position of Fundraising Officer/ Grant Writer requires the applicant to source opportunities to expand Rescues4Pets Inc’s reach. The position involves identifying funding opportunities and coordinating the grants application process.
The successful applicant will assist management to identify opportunities for the expansion of R4P. This includes liaising with Managers to prepare grants or submissions and other organisation development documentation as required. You will identify, collect, and analyse information regarding new funding opportunities.
- Identify potential opportunities, grants, funding options and philanthropic investment for review and approval of the President;
- Sources operational and financial information required for the development of submissions for funding, quotes, and tenders;
- Source, collate and analyse data necessary for tenders or grant applications;
- Draft effective and timely grant applications for philanthropy, government and investors;
- Effectively communicate information to operational teams upon award of tenders & grants ;
- Monitor grant compliance;
- Draft, edit and advise on other written organisation correspondence and documentation as required by Management.
Skills and experience
At least 3 years experience in a similar role.
Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail in order to manage competing priorities and achieve deadlines.
Excellent communication (particularly written) and research skills.
Experience in writing successful proposals and strategic documents.
Experience in preparing compliance reports;
Ability to effectively collaborate with management and external supporters.
Ability to translate strategic objectives into the grant or relevant context.
Ability to work independently
Experience working in Not- For- Profit sector; and
Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications and Google Drive.