Volunteer Tour Guides greet and guide visitors on our 1-hour historical town group tours. Tours are either step on coach or walking tours.
- Answer questions about the town history’s, point out features of interest and engage visitors to help make a visit to the town a memorable experience.
- Become familiar with the tour guide script and history of the town.
- Confidently communicate with, and relate to, people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Maintain a satisfactory level of competence as a tour guide, including active participation in ongoing training and development, independent research and broadening of your own knowledge base.
- Sign into the Volunteer Sign-In Book at the beginning and end of your shift. Becoming a volunteer offers: -a sense of contributing to the local community -skill and knowledge development -work experience -personal development -friendship and fun -community connection