Who we are FOXG1 Foundation Australia is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of FOXG1 and trying to find a cure for FOXG1. By studying FOXG1, we can also understand to prevent or cure diseases such as autism, Alzheimer's, epilepsy, and schizophrenia
About the role
Events Manager will coordinate and manage all events of FoxG1, working to drive forward existing and new initiatives. The successful candidate will bring their experience to steer these activities to reach new audiences, increase participation and demonstrate value.
- Plan and coordinate the FoxG1 events and develop this program to broaden its reach and impact.
- Develop and deliver communication and marketing strategies for our events and programs, which target the right audiences and drive up participation.
- Research, define and develop ways to grow and improve our programs and events.
- Support your Line Manager and Director in liaising with key stakeholders, including sponsors, in relation to our events and programs.
- Develop resources such as meeting materials, written guides, and digital content (e.g. videos and social media posts) in relation to our programs and events.
- Draft and oversee event budgets and develop materials to share with sponsors/donors.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and delivering major community events.
- Understanding of risk management plans and control systems.
- Current class C driver’s licence.
- Commitment and sincerity to values and cause of our organisation
- Understanding of community event protocols as advised by local councils
Benefits for Volunteers
- We provide references for all our volunteers. (Note – You need to volunteer for at least 4 months.)
- You will receive a volunteer certificate
- We provide mentorship and training for people who want a job or looking for a job
- We also provide people the skills to be competitive in the workforce
- The work the volunteer has done can be used as a portfolio piece