Please apply through the Google Form link provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Meld Community is a Melbourne-based not-for-profit community organisation dedicated to facilitating the development of a healthy international student community in Victoria, and helping students find a respectful place in the wider context of Australian life and society.
We have a unique model of aligning the efforts of its student volunteers with their studies and providing opportunities for learning, industry exposure and relevant work experience.
It is the publisher of Meld Magazine, Melbourne’s go-to website for international students, as well as the organiser behind events such as the annual Melbourne International Student Conference and campaigns such as Sextember and Mental Health Week.
The organisation was originally established in 2008 as Meld Magazine in response to a need in the community, to give international students a voice and reflect the full picture of the international student experience. Access to all content on Meld’s website is free, relevant and relates to international students across diverse social and economic backgrounds.
As the Social Media Manager of Meld, you'll be the first point of contact for all social media correspondences and be responsible for managing a small team of social media and digital marketing associates to develop effective community engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with the Managing Editor to develop engaging social media and digital marketing strategies
- Oversee the social media timeline and maintain the quality and consistency of the content
- Provide ongoing support to team members and foster a collaborative working environment
- Respond to media requests and assist in developing relationships with potential contacts
- Responding to community enquiries from Meld's general contact email to its social media accounts
- Measure social statistics and provide reports to the Managing Editor
- Attend events when needed to provide social media coverage
- Coordinate and collaborate with other teams (Editorial and Visual)
- Ideally in second or third year of relevant degree (e.g. digital marketing or media and communications)
- Passionate about the international student sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diligence in team management while working remotely
- Experience in using Slack, Hootsuite, Trello & Canva (desirable but not essential)
- Understanding of social analytics and marketing metrics
- Awareness of on-going trends, events and issues in the international student sector
- Flexibility for additional work outside office hours if required
- Have the support and training to grow a range of skill sets
- Change your mindset, giving you the confidence to take on tasks and challenges you didn’t think you could before
- Obtain skills in facilitation, management and marketing communications that will carry forward in your career
- Build your personal network and be exposed to new opportunities
- Have your opinions challenged, and your perspective broadened
Time commitment: 2 days a week | This is a voluntary position
Reports to: Managing Editor
Application deadline: Sunday 14 February
Apply here: forms.gle/zs2TpXcbWEHdtMtC8