Duties of the Volunteer Victim Assistance Worker - Office/Projects are varied and matched individually to a volunteers skills and interests. Some of these duties may include:
- Provide emotional support using a strengths-based approach that demonstrates active listening, empathy, reassurance and offers appropriate support options
- Accompany Victims of Crime NT staff on client visits
- Providing general support to victims, their families and prosecution witnesses during their contact with the court and justice system through our court support program.
- Represent VoCNT at shows, expos and community activities to promote awareness of the organisation’s services
- Assist in the facilitation and administration of support activities for victims
- Work with allocated staff members on projects that are aligned with volunteer skills and experience eg. Planning an event, analysis of crime statistics
- Research funding opportunities and assist with submission writing for identified projects
- Attend VoCNT Volunteer Skills Workshops and other volunteer activities to maintain learning and skills
For a full copy of the position description, please submit an expression of interest and we will be in touch.