Our legacy CRM is central to the operation of our organisation and is no longer fit for purpose. So we have a project underway to migrate all of our current processes across to Salesforce, covering all aspects of relationship management, fundraising, marketing and volunteer management.
To achieve this we have established a volunteer Salesforce scrum team, consisting of a Product Owner, Scrum Master, Solution Architect (this position), a BA and 3 x junior Salesforce Consultants/Administrators .
We have recently delivered our first release with some of the more straightforward functionality re accounts, contacts and interactions.
We are looking for an experienced Salesforce architect / consultant who can provide technical direction and support to our technical team. You could either be an existing Salesforce solution architect, or else this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced consultant wanting to move into an architecture role in the future.
You would be expected to:
- Design the solution based on business requirements and guide the team to understand and implement it.
- Guide the team on following design principles, deployment procedures, and documentation best practices.
The commitment would be for 3-4 hours per week over 9 weeks (3 sprint cycles). So less than 5 days in total over 9 weeks.
Likely 2 x 1 hr standups per week (which can be lunchtimes if needed) plus up to 2 hours ad hoc per week. All remote via GoogleMeet/Teams. We are flexible and can fit around your existing work and time commitments.
We have 3 weekly sprint cycles currently in progress, operating using a Jira backlog with Confluence as our collaboration tool.
Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to providing a sustainable future to vulnerable women and children in Afghanistan.
Over the past twenty-two years, Mahboba’s Promise has adhered to the values of compassion and integrity to empower women and children to make a lasting difference in their own lives.
We have established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provide sponsorships for widows, orphans and girls' education.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience as a Salesforce architect, or else a highly experienced Salesforce consultant
- Salesforce NPSP and V4S experience preferred, although not essential
- The ability to supervise a small team
- The ability and willingness to coach / knowledge share with team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation skills
This is an unpaid, voluntary position. This role can be used for the completion of a university placement/internship. Volunteers of Mahboba’s Promise are covered by our public liability insurance.