Responsible to DFES for the efficient and effective management of the emergency service function of the Unit including all aspects of management, administration, training and operations. Cooperate with the Local Government (LG) for all LGGS matters.
As the Local Manager for the Two Rocks SES unit, you will be responsible for -
- Manages the functions of the State Emergency Service Unit
- Prepares the Unit Development plan, including personal development of members
- Manages assets, financial, human and technological resources of the Unit
- Ensures Unit compliance with DFES Policies and Doctrine
- Mentors members in other leadership roles and identifies succession planning opportunities
- Examines opportunities for development of the Unit through innovation
- Participates in regional management and development forums.
- Ensures the effective direction of Unit resources during operations
- Maintains liaison with the Local Emergency Coordinator and other relevant services
- Informs the DFES COMCEN, Regional Duty Coordinator or the On-Call DO, as appropriate, of Unit activations and forwards Situation Reports as required
- Ensures Incident Reports are completed / submitted.
- Approves Unit Training Program
- Approves Unit Exercise Schedule.
- Participates as a member of the Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC)
- Advises on Unit operational capability as a part of the planning process
- Oversees community awareness and preparation for Hazard Management Agency roles and responsibilities.
- Ensures Non-Operational Activity Reports are completed / submitted
- Forwards a Unit quarterly report and an annual report to LG as required
- Develops annual budget submission in consultation with LG and DO
- Ensures preparation of annual stock take of all equipment & consumables
- Ensures the preparation of asset register annually
- Oversees Unit administration.
Please email your application to: For further information about the position contact District Officer Graham Sears 0427005109.