UnitingCare – Helping you live life in all its fullness. UnitingCare is a courageous and creative health and community services provider. Each year we engage with more than 430,000 individuals, families and communities in over 460 locations across Queensland and the Northern Territory. Through our services we’re addressing some of our community’s most pressing social issues, confronting injustice and providing end-to-end support for those facing adversity. With a strong connection to the Uniting Church, we use our reach and compelling vision to help people live life in all its fullness. At UnitingCare, we strive to help the people we serve experience life in all its fullness.
This volunteer opportunity will help to transport community members to events and appointments.
The volunteer will be required to drive a 12 seater bus to transport people in the community who do not have access to their own transport or who do not have the capacity to drive long distances to attend activities, events and appointments. The volunteer may need to assist elderly passengers onto and off the bus and with their bags.
The volunteer will work with the Discovery Coast Community Support Service Community Support Officer and other Volunteers to assist local disadvantaged members of the community. The bus is located at Agnes Water, however the volunteer may be required to drive to Bundaberg and Gladstone for some activities. The driving will be in business hours only.
Tasks involved include:
- Dive Bus in a safe manner following road rules at all times
- Complete log books and other paperwork as required
- Ensure bus is full with fuel after each drive and at the time of fuelling, check other fluid levels
- Assist passengers as required
- Follow processes for reporting any accidents or damage if relevant
This is a great opportunity to:
- Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
- Improve mental health and personal well being
- Enjoy social interaction with others
Skills Required: Volunteers must have an open and clean drivers licence, with a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
- Smart casual dress standard
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of interview.