This volunteer opportunity will help to develop and deliver events and programs at The Birch Street Hub.
The Birch Street Hub is looking for a superstar volunteer to work with us on our events and programs.
- set up and pack down of events
- creating activities for events, including crafting and games
- food preparation for participants
- engaging with event and group participants in a friendly and professional manner
- helping with community engagement
We're looking for somebody with a warm and bubbly personality who is confident speaking with people from different cultures, of all ages. A team player with a creative streak, somebody who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty. Reliable, responsible, professional and trustworthy, with an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
Events & Groups include:
- Sunshine Multicultural Playgroup
- Deadly Bubbas Indigenous Mums & Bubs Group
- Parenting Programs
- Childrens' workshops
- Presentations and community training presented at The Hub.
- and more...
The Birch Street Hub is a warm and fun place to work! We support families and individuals from our diverse local community. Child and Adolescent Counselling and Family Support Services run from the Hub, as well as many group workshops and events. We have inside and outside spaces, our groups mostly run from our lovely large garden courtyard. We all work together to support each other to provide the best services to our community.
This is a great opportunity to:
- Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
- Gain invaluable workplace experience
- Improve mental health and personal well being
- Smart casual dress standard
- Hygiene and role specific Personal Protective Equipment PPE is provided
- Access to staff kitchen facilities available
- Access to staff restrooms available
We value diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of interview.