Zen Tea Lounge is seeking skilled copywriter volunteers who can make our vision for social change a reality. Our mission is to empower those affected by DV and create lasting independence.
ABOUT ZEN TEA LOUNGE: We are a charity who run a restaurant employing women affected by domestic violence, abuse and isolation. Our mission is to not only to provide great food but also to combat domestic violence by empowering affected women to stay financially and emotionally free from abuse. We are a volunteer-based organisation, relying on our amazing volunteers as a backbone for our mission and goals.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Write high-engagement social media content that reflects our brand’s voice
- Collaborate with Marketing and PR to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- You share Zen Tea Lounge's mission to end domestic violence in Australia
- Demonstrated success in managing a business social media presence
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print and broadcast channels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Communicator and Outlook
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Driven & autonomous - can work effectively in a dispersed team and take the role and make it happen!
We ask volunteers to be able to commit to 5-15 hours of their time every week, and be able to attend our cafe at Smithfield on either Monday and/or Tuesday. Remote opportunities available too.
In return you'll get to work for a great cause, expand your skills and experience, receive a great reference and our endless gratitude.
Please apply below to register your interest in volunteering with us then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can gain a better understanding of your skillset and experience.
Please note, due to the volume of applications and limited capacity to onboard new volunteers, we may not be able to respond to every application.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and volunteer your time with us.